Krekhiv shrines

Nov 09 2021 Published by under

The most famous historical and sacred object of Roztochia St. Nicholas Basilian Monastery (17-18th centuries) in the village of Krekhiv. In the 16th century, the monks Yoil and Sylvester founded a cave church. At the beginning of the 17th century, Stanislav Zholkevskyi gave permission for the construction of the monastery. The monastery was originally build of wood, the defensive walls being added as the wealth of the monastery grew. A certificate of permission was issued by King Korbut Vyshnevetskyi.

Today the monastery complex unites the church of St. Nicholas, the bell tower, cell buildings, outbuildings, and ancient defensive walls with towers.

The names of Bohdan Khmelnytskyi, Petro Doroshenko, and Ivan Mazepa are connected with the Krekhiv Monastery.

Every year, thousands of pilgrims visit the monastery. Most of them gather for the holiday of May 22 (the feast of the transfer of the relics of St. Nicholas from the Lycian Myra to Bari, the holiday known as “warm St. Nicholas Day”).

  • img
  • img
  • img
  • img

Comments Off on Krekhiv shrines

Ivano-Frankove town

Nov 09 2021 Published by under

The town was founded as a trading town of Yaniv under the Magdeburg law in 1611. At the beginning of the 20th century, Yaniv received the status of a “resort” town due to the nearby ponds. To this day the ponds, are among the favorite vacation spots in Roztochia.

The central square of the town connects the church shrines - Trinity Church (1614), the Church of the Ascension (1831), the Cathedral of St. Volodymyr (1992), and some preserved houses on Rynok Square (19-20th centuries).

The town has long been famous for Yavoriv woodcarving, valuable works of which are stored in the museum of wood art of the local Vocational Art School.

The town has long been famous for Yavoriv woodcarving, valuable works are stored in the museum of wood art of the local Vocational Art School.

Trinity Church

Comments Off on Ivano-Frankove town

Spiritual and historical complex of Stradetska mountain

Nov 09 2021 Published by under

This is a settlement of the 11-13th centuries, one feature of which is a legendary cave monastery which dates to the same period and has a complex of natural and artificial caves and grottoes.

The main entrance to the cave is decorated in the form of a gate-chapel with a figure of the grieving Mother of God (first half of the 20th century). Nearby, there is the Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary on the mound (founded probably in the 11th century, known since 1416, it was a defensive construction, rebuilt in the 18th century and 1920s).; The Stations of the Cross, decorated with modern monumental sculpture.

Comments Off on Spiritual and historical complex of Stradetska mountain