The town was founded as a trading town of Yaniv under the Magdeburg law in 1611. At the beginning of the 20th century, Yaniv received the status of a “resort” town due to the nearby ponds. To this day the ponds, are among the favorite vacation spots in Roztochia.
The central square of the town connects the church shrines - Trinity Church (1614), the Church of the Ascension (1831), the Cathedral of St. Volodymyr (1992), and some preserved houses on Rynok Square (19-20th centuries).
The town has long been famous for Yavoriv woodcarving, valuable works of which are stored in the museum of wood art of the local Vocational Art School.
The town has long been famous for Yavoriv woodcarving, valuable works are stored in the museum of wood art of the local Vocational Art School.
Comments Off on Ivano-Frankove town